The creamy Tzaziki dressing on this salad is literally non-fat and oh-so fresh and flavorful. I make this salad almost once a week because the ingredients are always in my fridge and it is one of Miles’ favorite meals.
- juice 1/2 small lemon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs dried dill (you can use fresh if you want)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic, about 2 medium cloves (grated on a zester)
- 3 inches english cucumber (skin on) grated on a zester (will be juicy)
- 2 cups non fat plain greek yogurt
Whisk together ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1 hour so flavors have time to meld.
*I have tried doing this in the food processor instead of zesting all ingredients separately, but it doesn’t turn out the same (just FYI).
Lemon Chicken Skewers
- Zest 1 large lemon (or 2 small)
- 2 large garlic cloves zested
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Combine above ingredients and add 2 inch cubes of chicken (I used 4 fairly large breasts), and let marinade for about 1 hour.
Skewer and then grill over high heat for 4 mins and then turn over and grill for 2 or 3 more minutes.
The chicken and tzaziki are delicious over a bed of Romaine (for crunch and it holds up to a heavier dressing), grated carrot, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers and Feta cheese. This is also very delicious in a Pita!