This was one of those recipes that I made up on the fly, without having a concept of what I wanted to make before I started. Somehow those recipes always turn out to be the best.
Roasted, curried cauliflower…
Zesty, creamy, lemony greek yogurt dressing…
Fresh green onions and cilantro…
Nutty, toasted almonds.
It all makes sense together doesn’t it?
I ate a bowl of this for lunch today while it was still warm. I think that it would also be amazing cold, or in between two pieces of bread, or in a wrap. It would be a good side for a barbecue, or even with your Easter ham.
Curried Cauliflower Salad with Toasted Almonds and Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- 2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp, plus 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt to season
- 1 cup toasted, slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Rinse cauliflower, and dry as much as possible.
- In a large bowl, melt coconut oil and add curry and garlic powder. Stir until combined.
- Add cauliflower to curry mixture and stir until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Spread cauliflower on a cookie sheet lined with foil, and bake for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine yogurt, lemon, green onions and cilantro.
- After 2 mins, remove cauliflower and let sit 5-8 mins.
- Add cauliflower to yogurt sauce and add in almonds.
- Season with salt and stir until combined.
- Eat immediately for a warm salad, or refrigerate and eat later for a cold salad (equally good).