I am a blueberry hoarder.
When I see them in the store I have to buy at least 2 lbs, and they’ll be gone in a day. Miles doesn’t even like blueberries.
But seriously, how delicious are they right now?
These are no ordinary muffins. So moist. So fresh and lemony.
And made with coconut oil?
Who knew that could all be possible?
Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Greek Yogurt & Coconut Oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 cups plain greek yogurt (I used non-fat Fage)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2.5 cup fresh blueberries
yields about 24 muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a stand mixer combine sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice on slow speed.
- Once smooth, add coconut oil and yogurt and mix until combined on slow speed.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients gradually, but don’t overmix.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-23 mins until muffins start to lightly brown on the top.
*I’m not a master baker by any means, so this recipe is a combination of a few recipes, along with a few substitutions of my own (yogurt and coconut oil) and some ratio alterations. Enjoy!