During the Summer my favorite thing to make is cold salads.
If you haven’t tried a cold salad with Farro yet, then you don’t know what you are missing.
I love farro because it is nice and nutty and full of protein. When you feel like you have had your fill of quinoa, this is a perfect alternative.
Fresh mozzarella and basil are always a good idea too.
Summer Farro Salad
- 1 cup uncooked farro, cooked (I like to use the ricemaker)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- S&P to taste
- a big handful of curly parsley (about 1/2 cup chopped)
- a few fresh basil leaves chiffoned
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup diced fresh mozzarella
- cherry tomatoes if you like
- Cook farro according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add the lemon, EVOO and vinegar.
- When farro is done add to the large bowl and stir. Stick the bowl in the fridge to cool.
- Chop veggies, herbs and cheese in the meantime.
- When farro is completely cool add the veggies, herbs and cheese and stir to combine.
- Season with S&P and enjoy!
*I also liked avocado on this (what don’t I like avocado on?)