I should have called my blog “The Quinoa Queen”, I blog about it so much.
Or “The Mushroom Queen?” Or maybe not….
When Miles is gone for a few days I literally have sautéed mushrooms for every meal. He really hates them and because I’m an awesome wife I don’t make him eat them, even if I do love them.
Bonus: this only uses one pot, and the quinoa tastes like mushroomy deliciousness.
One-Pot Quinoa and Mushrooms
*makes about 3 bowls for lunch or 2 dinners
- 24 oz package of mini portobella mushrooms, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp EVOO or enough to coat bottom on pan
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups stock (your choice, I used chicken but beef or veg would be good too)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a large pan over medium-high, add EVOO and when hot but not smoking, add mushrooms, soy sauce and oregano.
- Stir to combine, and continue to stir constantly for 5 mins until mushrooms start to soften.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 more minutes stirring continuously being careful to not let garlic burn.
- Add uncooked quinoa and stir to combine.
- Add stock and stir again.
- Cover and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally. Add additional stock or water if quinoa starts to become dry.
- Test to make sure quinoa is done, and then remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm.