I try to make the holiday season as enjoyable and stress-free as possible.
This holiday bark helps in a few ways…
1. No baking.
Yes, the holiday season is for cranking up that She & Him Christmas album (my favorite), and sprinkling powdered sugar on every thing in sight. But sometimes, you might be pressed for time or just need a break from the oven.
2. Only 4 ingredients.
Really good dark chocolate (I like Ghiradelli 70%), pistachio meats, macadamia nuts and dried cherries. They’re festive because they are red and green, but they are also some of the most delicious ingredients you can find. They are a little on the pricey side, but it makes for a more impressive chocolate bark than just crushed peppermint and white chocolate.
3. Chocolate is proven to ease your stress…. Right?
Right. I’m no scientist, but I know one thing to be true: chocolate makes everything better. So the plan of attack here is to make a batch of this (or 3) to give to you neighbors, and to keep a tin for yourself hidden away in your pantry where no one else will find it.
Happy non baking, stress-free holidays everyone!
Don’t forget to enjoy the process.
Holiday Chocolate Bark
- 10 oz really good dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (reserve just a few to sprinkle on top)
- 1/3 cup dry roasted and salted macadamia nuts (reserve just a few to sprinkle on top)
- 1/3 cup dry roasted and salted pistachio nut meats (reserve just a few to sprinkle on top)
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate and microwave in 3-4, 30 second intervals, stirring in between until chocolate is melted.
- Add cherries, macadamia nuts and pistachios to chocolate.
- Stir just to coat everything with chocolate.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat (nonstick is essential), spread out chocolate mixture into a half inch thick (or so) layer. It will look bumpy, and be careful to not spread it too thin.
- Top with reserved cherries and nuts, and refrigerate until chocolate is hard about 1 hour.
- Chop bark into desired sizes, or break apart with hands. Store in a cool place, in a container lined with parchment paper.