I have gotten in trouble before for altering recipes in class. So I don’t do that anymore.
I love tabbouleh (classic Mediterranean salad), but I don’t really love bulgar. Nor do it ever have it in my pantry.
This classic recipe is just crying out to be made with quinoa. So I answered that age-old cry with my recipe for Quinoa Tabbouleh.
Simple, light and vibrant with fresh lemon and parsley, I think you will be in love.
Perfect for Spring. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, cooked and cooled (Ricemaker is always the way to go)
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 English cucumber, partially peeled, and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- (also good with about 1/2 cup chopped mint in addition to parsley)
- Combine cooled quinoa with lemon, EVOO and salt.
- Add the rest of the veggies and parsley and combine.
- Season with more lemon or salt if needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat, or enjoy immediately.